Abul Abbaas Musa Richardson
– AUDIO –
-  Wiping One’s Face after Du’aa, An Innovation? – troid.ca
A discussion on the hadeeth concerning wiping one’s face after making du’aa. Review: Some explanation mentioned from Imaam Ibn Baaz and others concerning the acceptable narrations concerning wiping one’s hands over one’s face after making du’aa.
- Refuting Ashariyyah
-  Clarifying Asharee Doubts – troid.org
-  The Tricky Question, ‘Your Qur’aanic Recitation – Created or the Speech of Allaah?’troid.ca
Excerpted from the audio lecture ‘Affirmation of the Hands of Allaah and His Descending’ from the ‘Aqeedah Class (Summer ’07) based on the Haa’iyyah poem of the famous scholar Ibn Abee Daawood as-Sijistaanee.
-  Denying the Hands of Allaah, Relegating the Attributes to Seven – troid.ca
– Excerpted from the audio lecture ‘Affirmation of the Hands of Allaah and His Descending’ from the ‘Aqeedah Class (Summer ’07) based on the Haa’iyyah poem of the famous scholar Ibn Abee Daawood as-Sijistaanee.
– From the points discussed:
(1).The Denial of the (Right) Hands of Allaah, interpreting and explaining them away logically instead of sticking to the texts.
(2).The lack of evidence for the Ashaa’irah to relegate Allaah’s Attributes to Seven, the ludicracy of affirming Sight and Hearing for Allaah yet negating other Attributes
-  The Qur’an is Created (Indecisiveness Concerning the Speech of Allaah) – troid.ca
– Excerpted from the audio lecture ‘Speaking Decisively about the Qur’aan Being the Speech of Allaah’ from the ‘Aqeedah Class (Summer ’07) based on the Haa’iyyah poem of the famous scholar Ibn Abee Daawood as-Sijistaanee.
– From the points discussed:
(1) Clarifying the Ash’aree doubt concerning the ayah: Verily, this is the Word (this Qur’an brought by) a most honourable messenger [Jibreel (Gabriel), from Allaah to the Prophet Muhammad (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam)]. (At-Takwir 81:19) Their claim that the speech of Jibreel is created and therefore the Qur’an is created and not the speech of Allaah!
(2) The deficient nature of one who cannot speak and how this does not befit the Lord of Creation.
-  From the Beliefs of the ‘Nation of Islam’ – troid.ca
A brief overview of the creed of the ‘Nation of Islam’ (based on their own declarations). A Black American movement who ascribe themselves to Islaam. Looking at the beliefs published by the Nation of Islam in their publication (The Final Call), the speaker compares their open statements with that of the pure Islamic creed. Extracted from class 7 of 12 from the ‘Aqeedah Course of the 2007 Summer Islaamic Courses in Toronto, Canada .
-  Is Differing a Rahmah? What Should We be United upon? – troid.ca
An important session considering that we live in a era of multiple groups and parties, all claiming to be upon the Sunnah, some upon separate paths, others supposedly cooperating in the name of ‘unity’ yet completely divided in their beliefs and aspirations, desiring to unite people upon falsehood, agreeing to be silent about deviation, hizbiyyah and utter opposition to the pure Islaamic ‘Aqeedah, all disguised by the pure and beautiful term of ‘Islamic Unity.’
“Ikhtilaaf is not a rahmah, when one person claims that an issue is halaal and another comes and claims it is haraam, this is not the rahmah of Allaah, rather the rahmah is in the Sunnah and holding to unity and holding to what is correct from the book and the Sunnah and being united upon what is correct…and it is not division and separating in to opinions that oppose each other and clash, this is division and this is prohibited…” .
-  Who Leads the Salaah? – troid.ca
An important research and study of the issue of leadership in prayers. A variety of situations are discussed towards understanding the correct principles with regards to the Imaamah and rights of those who lead the salaah.
-  Allah Loves for You Three Things and Hates for You Three Things – troid.ca
A khutbah reviewing a wonderful hadeeth mentioning three important things to gain Allaah’s pleasure and three things to abandon in order to avoid Allaah’s displeasure.
The Messenger (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said,
“Verily Allaah loves three things for you and he hates three things for you. He loves that you worship Him alone, and that you do not join anyone else in your worship of him and that you do not worship other than him, He loves that you hold tight altogether to the rope of Allaah and that you do not be divided……. And Allaah hates for you hearsay (he said and she said – qeela wa qaal – spreading rumours), he hates for you excessive questioning (questioning that brings about no benefit), thirdly, he hates for you the wasting of money.”
-  The Evils of Harry Potter and the Kufr of Magic – troid.ca
An important lecture on the topic of Magic, more specifically how it has found its way in to Muslim homes by way of books, video games and other media, usually under the guise of fiction and educational benefit. The evil characteristics of magic are outlined with examples from the Qur’aan and the Sunnah in addition to an analysis of the Harry Potter phenomena (a magic-laden fictionally trilogy) which has grasped the attention span of children around the world with remarkably ability.
From the topics discussed: Protecting ones’ self and one’s family from the shaytaanv- * The responsibility of guardianship/parenthood – * The verdicts on magic according to the Qur’aan and Sunnah – * The types of magic (illusionary and afflictive) – * Black magic, white Magic – good and bad magic? – * Harry Potter; his character, companions, teachers, passions and goals – * Examples of the magic contained in the Harry Potter books – * Divination – predicting the future – * The position of the sharee’ah concerning fiction