Imaan and its Pillars
Emaan and its Pillars
- A lecture on the fundamentals of Iman (Faith) – by Shaik Ibn Baz [PDF]
- Sunan Ibn Maajah, Intrroduction Concerning Faith – by Shaik Nasiruddin Albanee
The explanation of Ibn Maajah’s ahaadeeth on eemaan (faith), using Saheeh Sunan Ibn Maajah of Shaykh Muhammad Naasirud-Deen al-Albaanee (rahimahullaah)
- The Book of Eemaan – By Abu Ubaid al-Qaasim bin Sallaam al-Baghdaadee – Tahqeeq Shaik Nasiruddin Albanee
“Indeed have you asked me about faith, and the difference of the nation concerning it’s completion and it’s increasing and decreasing, and you mentioned that you would like to know the position of Ahlus-Sunnah with regards to this, and the proof of those that differ from them on this. So indeed, may Allaah have mercy upon you, this subject was discussed by the Salaf at the beginning of this Ummah and by those that followed them (taabi’een) and those who followed them till this day of ours.”
- Ahadeeth Pertaining to Eemaan, Tawheed, Deen and Qadr : Part A | Part B | Part C | Part D | Part E | Part F |Part G | Part H
Taken from Silsilah Ahadeeth As-Saheehah of Shaykh Al-Albaani [PDF]
- Muslims Belief – by Shaykh Muhammad Saleh Al Uthaymeen – Preface of Shaykh Abd al Aziz Ibn Baz
Abdul Aziz ibn Baaz says “..this book covers the creed of the Sunnites and the mainstream majority of the Muslims in the area of the oneness of Allah, His attributes, the belief in the angels, the books and the messengers, the Day of Judgment, and in the belief in fate and the divine decree. He succeeded in collecting what the seeker of knowledge and every Muslim needs for his belief in Allah, His angels, His scriptures, His messengers, the Day of Judgment, and fate. He included in his treatise useful information related to the Muslim’s beliefs that are not readily available in many of the books written on these topics..”
- Shajarat-ul-Iman (Tree of Iman) – by Umm Abdullah – From a lecture by Dawud Adib [Excellent !!]
- Love Fear and Hope – The Three Essential Ingredients for Eeman – – From ad-Dawah illaah Magazine
- Explaining the Fundamentals of faith – by Shaykh Muhammad Saleh Al Uthaymeen [Book] – [PDF file here]
Translated into English by Saleh asSaleh. This book discusses the fundamentals of faith, by outlining and detailing the objectives of the Islamic ‘Aqeedah. Numerous references are made to the Qur’an and authentic Ahadith, for establishing the sincere intention and worship to Allaah, liberating the mind and thought from the irrational and chaotic losses, establishing peace of mind and sound thinking, safeguarding the intentions, learning to establish a strong Ummah (community), achieving happiness in this life and the hereafter, and more.
- The Radiance of Faith A Guide to the Straight Path – by Imam Muwaffaq-ud-Deen Ibn Qudamaah Al-Maqdisee [Book] [PDF]
This book Lumu’at-ul-Itiqaad (Radiance of Faith) is one of the greatest classical and scholarly works concerning the Belief and Creed of a Muslim. It outlines fundamental principles and precepts crucial for every Muslim to have knowledge of. Ibn Qudaamah lists ninety-five points on various topics of the Islamic Aqeedah(Creed). These topics include discussions on Allah’s names and Attributes, the condition of mankind on the Days of Judgment, the methodology(minhaj) of the Muslims in regards to obeying the leaders and which understanding to adopt in terms of implementing the Islamic Creed. It is an essential book for every Muslim to have.
- The Tenets of Faith – by Shaykh Muhammad Saleh Al Uthaymeen [PDF]
- The Meaning of the Articles of Faith – by Mahmoud R. Murad [PDF]
This book contains a very in depth description of the Articles of Faith in brief and easy language, it is meant to teach the Muslim the most important aspects of his dean, particularly the Muslim who lives in a Western society where authentic religous material may not be readily available.
- The Truthful Imaan (Faith) – by Shaykh Rabee bin Hadee Al-Madkhalee [PDF] spubs.com
- On Eemaan, Ibaadah and Tawheed – Their Link and Interrelation – by Abu Iyaad as-Salafi
- The Authentic Creed & The Invalidators of Islam – Shaik Ibn Baaz [Book]
Publisher: Darussalam Publishers & Distributors (2000)
– The most important matter for every Muslim is the correctness of his beliefs. Islam established on the basis of sound creed and it opposes all false superstitions and erroneous systems of belief. Thus, it is essential for every Muslim to make certain that his belief are correct and in accordance with the Quran and authentic Sunnah of the Prophet (S). This small but important book covers all basic information and we hope that readers will recognize the importance of this treaties by Shaikh Ibn Baz. Contents: Belief in Allah, His Angels, His Books, His Messengers, the Last Day, & in the Divine Destiny, and Invalidators of Islam.
- Factors which nullify imân and islâm – From Muhammad bin Jamil Zino
Taken from his book “The Pillars of Islam and Iman – and what every muslim must know about the religion”
- Belief – Sahih Bukahri Book 2
- The Book of Faith (Kitab Al-Iman) – Sahih Muslim Book 1
- Sunanun-Nisaa’ee – The Book of Faith and Its Laws [ pdf file][External Link] – troid.ca
The commentaries of Imaam Jalaalud-Deen as-Suyootee and Muhammad Hayaat as-Sindee on Nisaa’ee’s Kitaabul-Eemaan.
Increase and Decrease of Imaan
- The Decrease After the Increase Of Eemaan – [Transcribed lecture] – by Abu Awais Abdullah Alee
Listen to the audio
- Causes Behind The Increase and Decrease of Eemaan – Shaykh Abdur-Razzaaq al-Abbaad [Book]
The greatest blessing Allaah, the Most High, can bestow upon a person in this world is the blessing of eemaan. It is as the author points out in his introduction the source to all the good in this world and H ereafter However; as the texts unequivocal show and as a simple glance at the various types of people will show, eema an is of levels. It is of degrees and forever fluctuating. This is a matter that a person can witness in himself: when he is a ctive and obedient, he senses a strength of eemaan and when he is falling short of the mark and disobeying Allaah he feels that his eemaan is weak.
- Aspects of Increasing Iman – by Shaikh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah – from Kitab al-Iman © 1999 Iman Publishing House
- Increasing Eemaan (Faith) – Shaykh `Abdul `Aziz ibn Baz
Fataawaa Lajnatud-Daa’imah lil-Buhoothul `Ilmiyyah wal-Iftaa, 3/185-187, Al-Istiqaamah Newsletter
- [Blog]What are the types of Murji’ah? – Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan
- You Will Not be a Believer Until… – by Abu Uwais Abdullah Alee
A khutbah addressing the issue of true eemaan.
- What is Imaan ? – by Shaykh Muhammad bin Abdul Wahhab Al-Aqeel – Arabic/English – Courtesy of Salafitapes.com
Lecture Taken from the Explanation of Sahih al-Bukhari – Kitab al Iman
- The Pillars of Emaan – Part 1 – Part 2 – by Shaykh Abdul-Aziz ar-Rayyis
Read the book : The Pillars of Eemaan – Part 01 | 02 – from http://www.masjiduthaymeen.org [PDF]
Taken from: Tele-link during the “What is Islaam? What is Eemaan?” lecture series (February 2007)
- An Nawawi – 02 Hadeeth of Jibreel – Islam – Eemaan – Ihsaan – Last Hour – by Saleh As-Saleh
- Important Lessons Chapter 03 Pillars of Faith – by Saleh As-Saleh
Based on the book 33 Lessons For Every Muslim – [ pdf book] by Sheikh Abdul Aziz Bin Baz
- The Correct Creed – Eeman and Ikhlaas – Faith Increases and Decreases – by Saleh As-Saleh
Bases on the Book “The Correct Creed” by Ash-Shaykh Doctor ‘Abdus Salaam Al-Burjis
- The decrease after the increase – by Abu Uwais Abdullah Alee
Read the trascribed lecture here