TEN SICKNESSES OF THE HEART
1. You believe in the existence of Allah but you do not fulfill His commands.
2. You say you love Prophet Muhammad (SAW) but you do not follow his Sunnah.
3. You read the Holy Quran but you do not put it into practice.
4. You enjoy all the benefits from Allah but you are not grateful to Him.
5. You acknowledge Shaitan as your enemy but you do not go against him.
6. You want to enter Paradise but you do not work for it.
7. You do not want to be thrown into the Hell-fire but you do not try to runaway from it.
8. You believe that every living-thing will face death but you do not prepare for it.
9. You gossip and find faults in others but you forget your own faults and bad habits.
10. You bury the dead but you do not take a lesson from it.
Everyone shall taste death. And only on the Day of Resurrection shall you be paid your wages in full. And whoever is removed away from the Fire and admitted to Paradise, he indeed is successful. The life of this world is only the enjoyment of deception (a deceiving thing).
[Surah Ali-Imran 3 : 185]
He [Shaitan (Satan)] makes promises to them, and arouses in them false desires; and Shaitan’s (Satan) promises are nothing but deceptions.
[Surah An-Nisa 4 : 120]